Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THANKSGIVING

Today is Thanksgiving day. The holiday in the United States that was originally set aside for giving thanks to our creator for all that He had done for us.


Unfortunately, in many homes this day will be a day of over eating and watching football. It is sad to me that so many Americans have forgotten the purpose of this holiday and many do not understand that all that we have is due to God's direct blessing on this land because we honored him for many years. I truly believe that many of our problems in this nation are a direct result of the nation as a whole turning against God and His principles. Our creator tells us very plainly in His Word that He blesses those who recognize and obey Him and curses those who ignore or disobey Him. That being said, I would like to share the many things that I am grateful for.

I am so thankful for God's love and patience with me. I can't imagine where I would be today if God had treated me like I truly deserve and let me get away with rebellion, laziness, & stubborness. I am also thankful that even when I don't obey He will gently and patiently convict until I listen and obey. God's patience is far above mine!!!

I am thankful for parents who loved me and made it a priority to bring me up in a church that taught the Word of God even to very small children. I was blessed to have parents that understood that children need to learn to work and take care of themselves.

I am blessed to have 4 children (2 by birth and 2 by marriage) that love the Lord and work hard. I am so thankful for their good attitudes during all their struggles with the poor economy and the rotten job market. As a mother, I wish I could fix everything for them; but, it has been a blessing to watch them grow as the Lord puts them through the fire of trials so that they might end up like shiny gold. :-)

The Lord has blessed me with a husband that is absolutely wonderful. He is a man to be proud of. He will take a stand when necessary but he doesn't cause unnecessary division over minor things. He is generous, loving and kind. As we have become empty nesters and I have returned to the work force he has become quite good at helping around the house. I truly could not ask for a better husband.

Last in this long list to be thankful for are the everyday blessings that most of us in America still have. We are blessed with a roof over our head, food on the table, bills that are paid and good health. Many people around the world cannot boast of these things.

Let us all remember to give thanks to the Lord today for everything He has done for us and will continue to do in the future. If you know the Lord as your personal Savior, he will NEVER fail you!

No comments:

Post a Comment